All instruments with an L&P Pro, L&P Studio or L&P Soloist Setup, as well as all repairs, are covered with a 3-year extended L&P warranty.
Lohff & Pfeiffer extents the one-year manufacturer warranty to:
1. 3 years - to cover production and manufacturing mistakes.
2. Adjusting the instrument to the individual needs, such as spring tension, key openings, intonation, and voice to the player preference. (Excluded from the warranty are costs for additional keys (for example, the B- resonance or the low E-F mechanism) and all defects caused by wear and tear.)
Woodwind instruments made from grenadilla wood have a high possibility of cracking at some point. It is not caused by a defect in the wood or manufacturing, but it is the nature of wood, the natural reaction to the high humidity, and temperature changes the instrument is exposed to when played.
Many cracks are superficial and do not influence the playability or sound of the instrument. If a crack goes through a tone hole, the instrument will have a noticeable handicap. Instruments that have the LP - tone hole crack prevention are protected. In all cases, will a proper crack repair be done free of charge!
A replacement for the wooden joint will only be granted within the first year and based on our judgment.
Greenline clarinets as well as Selmers evolution bodies are covered for 5 years.
1. Instruments not purchased from Lohff & Pfeiffer are excluded from our crack and intonation warranty.
2. All warranty repairs have to be done either by our team or authorized by us, with a written proposal/estimate from a 3rd party repair specialist. Lohff & Pfeiffer does not cover warranty claims caused by the 3rd party.
3. The warranty does not cover problems resulting from normal wear and tear, humidity changes, or inappropriate handling.
(C) 2011 - by Lohff & Pfeiffer USA - 7304 Carroll Avenue Suite 194 - Takoma Park MD 20912 - USA Phone: 812 929 5556 - email@example.com